Frequently Asked Questions
What is Action Club?
Action Club is a one-stop, value-packed growth program designed to give all the tools, support, and inspiration you need to start designing your own professional quality modern reports, data dashboards, presentations, and infographics.
The three signature pillars of this growth program are:
• Weekly “Ask Me Anything” Sessions with Chris & your peers (for feedback, accountability, commiseration, etc.). We take occasional breaks but you can expect at least 40 drop-in group coaching sessions a year (at least 10 each quarter).
• Ongoing accountability with email check-ins from Chris. Every participant's goals are different. I am a hands-on coach who will regularly reach out to you directly to provide targeted resources and encouragement.
• 24/7 Access to the DiY Data Design Vault - Chris' toolbox of trainings, templates, resources, courses, and more - available on-demand for as long as you’re enrolled in the club.
How can I join? How long is the program?
Join anytime! We have annual, bi-annual, or quarterly options available, depending on your desired needs/goals and training budget. It’s self-paced and self-driven - so you decide how long you want to stay in the Action Club.
Keep in mind that the enrollment is set to auto-renew by default, but you can cancel and retain access until your current subscription expires. If you have any issues just reach out ([email protected]).
Is this a membership/community?
The Action Club meets weekly providing a regular opportunity to connect with other like-minded researchers, evaluators, and data analysts.
This noted, aside from these Zoom-hosted sessions, there is NO ongoing community (Facebook or otherwise).
We tried for a couple of years, but most of the participants are busy professionals without the time to actively participate in a community forum. So we have discontinued this feature and have no plans to bring it back.
What resources are available On Demand?
I am currently cataloguing my entire resource collection, which will be made available at freshspectrum.com/vault.
• A collection of easy to follow data design tutorials and templates.
• Self-Paced Course Collection, including Canva Jumpstart, 1.2.3. Report, Micrographics, and more.
• A large recording archive featuring past workshop recordings and live presentations.
• I even include my collection of thousands of data cartoons drawn over the last decade. Which participants can use royalty-free.
PLUS you get on-demand, 24/7 access to everything in the Vault for as long as you’re enrolled in the club!
Do you offer scholarships?
Yes. I offer two different scholarships. Just reach out and ask for the code [email protected]. No explanation for why you need one is necessary.
They are intended for students, non-profits, unemployed, BIPOC, developing countries, and anyone who would like to join the workshop but cannot afford full registration costs.
All that said, if you can afford the full registration cost, please do. As an indy business person with no outside funding, it helps a lot!.